1. Fruits And Fresh VegetablesYour diet should contain more fruits and vegetables. Start taking green and leafy vegetables like broccoli, cabbage etc. You should eat fruits like watermelon, bananas, oranges and potatoes. These fruits have a high concentration of potassium in them. This helps in controlling your blood pressure.
2. Low-Fat DietIf you have high blood pressure, it would be helpful if you cut down on high-fat foodstuffs and dairy products. Switch to low-fat dairy items like milk, cottage cheese, yoghurt and low-fat cheese.
3. Protein-Rich DietYour diet should be high in protein and low in fat. In the place of red meat you should take low-fat and protein-rich items like chicken, fish and eggs.
4. Whole GrainsAvoid processed foods. Switch to a diet that consists of whole grains like oats, brown breads, cereal and pasta.
5. Beans, Seeds And NutsInclude items like kidney beans, nuts, cannellini beans and peanut butter in your diet. This can help you in maintaining your blood pressure.
6. Healthy OilYou should switch to healthy oils like olive oil that can help you in reducing high blood pressure. Include olive oil and low-fat margarine in your diet. These items contain omega 3 fatty acids which can help you in maintaining your blood pressure.
7. Reduce Intake Of Sugar And AlcoholIf you have high blood pressure, avoid the intake of sugar and alcohol. Also avoid taking carbonated beverages and food items that have a high concentration of trans-fat and fat. These items can raise your blood pressure as well as damage the blood vessels.
8. Monitor Your Blood Pressure
If you are making some diet changes to reduce your blood pressure, it would be better if you buy a blood pressure monitor that can help you to check your blood pressure quite frequently. By following the aforementioned diet changes you will be seeing a notable difference within 2 to 3 weeks.
9. Avoid Sodium-Rich DietAvoid food items that are high in sodium. Avoid foodstuffs that are salty in nature. Your daily intake of sodium should not be higher than 1500 mg. Stop eating items like frozen sea foods, chips, ketchups, mustard and pickles. These items contain sodium in very high quantities. There are certain herbs that can help you in reducing the sodium levels in your food.
Although high blood pressure can lead to several problems, it can be easily controlled with the help of a healthy life style and a controlled diet.
Are you concerned about your unstable blood pressure? Are you looking for a natural remedy that can help you in maintaining your blood pressure? If you are looking for an alternative remedy to deal with your chronic blood pressure problem then try out some of the abovementioned diet changes and dietary tips that can give you some guaranteed results. By switching to a healthy diet program that contains lots of fruits and green vegetables, you can definitely help your body in lowering your blood pressure. Apart from diet you should also make some lifestyle changes like regular exercise and proper rest.